Fresh from a scintillating summit on Amelia Island in Florida a couple of weeks ago, the Sourcing Interests Group (SIG) is venturing across the pond for its next shindig – its Regional Roundtable meeting in London on May 4 and 5, 2011.
And for all you savings-savvy sourcing sentinels, we have secured a saucy 20% discount for HfS readers: Enter the promo code HFS2011UK and select “Non-SIG Member”, when you register here.
This event represents SIG’s first major foray into the UK, and it promises to set new sourcing standards, featuring integral discussions on global business operations strategy, sourcing, shared services and BPO, led by the following renowned sourcing practitioners:
- Dr. Bernd Huber, Head of Google’s eSourcing Center of Excellence
- Michael Stock, former Head of Business and Partnership at the BBC
- John Transier, Unilever’s Global Head of Finance Shared Services
- Euan Davis, Managing Director of HfS Research’s European Practice
Here are the main details you need to know:
- The Regional Roundtable will kickoff on Wednesday, May 4 at 6:00 PM and will run through 9:00 PM, with cocktails and appetizers, and a panel discussion on on sourcing, outsourcing, offshoring and nearshoring that will include include Jamie “Lid-lifting” Liddell (Editor of Outsource Magazine), and HfS Research’s Managing Director for Europe, Euan Davis. We are assured this cocktail-infused discussion will leave no lids-unlifted.
- Thursday, May 5 will run from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (yes, you get an extra hour’s kip in the old country), will focus on today’s burning sourcing topics, ranging from government requirements and new legislation affecting business and sourcing, smart supply-chain systems at the macro level, innovative sourcing strategies, governance excellence… and lots more.
- The day will start with presentations from SAP, Ariba and SNR Denton, followed by three breakout roundtable sessions, each with different top-of-mind issues on the table; each attendee has the opportunity to attend all three roundtables throughout the day.
- Dr. Bernd Huber (Head of eSourcing Center of Excellence for Google) will discuss how Google has evolved over the last 3 years with using eAuctions and how you measure the performance and get the maximum out of eAuctions, as well as various eAuction formats and strategies and their sustainability for procurement.
- Michael Stock, formerly of the BBC, and Unilever’s John Transier will lead discussions for the group on smart governance and offshoring and how to govern complex global business operations in today’s environment.
We have secured a 20% discount for HfS readers: Enter the promo code HFS2011UK and select “Non-SIG Member.” Register here.
Join Euan Davis and our friends at SIG for what promises to be a right ol’ sourcing knees-up.
Posted in : Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Captives and Shared Services Strategies, fa-bpo, Outsourcing Events, Outsourcing Heros, procurement-engineering-supply-chain-outsourcing, sourcing-best-practises