Most people hell-bent on criticizing ChatGPT don’t realize the current version is merely a prerequisite for a much more powerful version of the technology: GPT-4. Since its launch, ChatGPT has rocketed to 100m users in 60 days and already boasts 13m daily users – it is most probably the greatest AI invention ever.
Overnight, you have been gifted with software providing an incredible ability to generate human-like text, understand and respond to queries, perform simple tasks, and even hold a conversation. When you fully immerse yourself in GPT-4, you’ll quickly see how rapidly the errors of the previous version have been ironed out with some significant performance improvements:
Ten tectonic shifts from GPT-3.5 to GPT-4
1. Scale, speed, and power – up to 10x for information synthesis and language patterns. GPT-3.5 had a max request value of 3,000 words. GPT-4 has two variants, one with 6,000 words and another with 24,000.
2. Code-writing significantly improved. Its ability to generate code snippets or debug existing code can reduce workloads of several weeks down to mere hours:
“Write code to train A with dataset B.”
“I’m getting this error. Fix it.”
3. Greater ability to respond to emotions expressed in the text. GPT-4 can recognize and respond sensitively to a user expressing sadness or frustration, making the interaction feel more personal and genuine.
4. Handle more complex natural language processing tasks – such as natural language understanding, automatic text generation, and dialogue systems.
5. Can accurately generate and interpret text in various dialects and languages – such as semantics in regional or cultural differences to meet the needs of global users.
6. GPT-4 can properly cite sources when generating text. Critical to help individuals, enterprises, and academia govern risks of plagiarism and inaccuracy. GPT-4 performs exceptionally well in various standardized tests, including the BAR, LSAT, GRE, etc.
7. GPT-4 solves complex mathematical and scientific problems like astronomy, physics, chemistry, and biology.
8. Much more creative and collaborative. It generates stories, poems, essays and even jokes with improved coherence and creativity. Can edit and collaborate with users to generate creative and technical writing tasks, marketing copy, process design, and even song compositions while learning a user’s writing style.
9. GPT-4 has eyes. GPT-4 has the ability to analyze images. Users can ask ChatGPT to describe a photo, analyze a chart, or even explain a meme.
10. GPT-4 is the spark that ignites the AGI bomb. GPT-5 will take us even closer to this AGI (Average General Intelligence) milestone of software possessing video modality, deep sensory perception, creativity and fine motorskills. The way in which everything is experienced is in play.
The Bottom-line: The GPT-4 impact creates a whole new way you must think about business operations
GPT-4 is poised to have a dramatic impact on business cases, and the S-Curve we once knew as linear now has a huge kink in it: where we could save 20% here or 30% there with the use of smart automation, chatbots and simply using better software and cheaper labor aligned to better processes, is now up having a major shake-up – and this will happen quickly.
For example, one onshore call center operation has hooked up a GPT-4 bot to its Salesforce system and can already see how 50% of its staff can be reduced within months. There are many, many other cases quickly emerging – they are emerging almost daily as we all tinker with the disruptive potential this is going to have:
The difference with the old S-Curve is that simple tasks can be learned, honed, and replicated, and even the prompt engineers will be automated once the process is running smoothly.
At the moment, GPT4 has a cap of 25 messages every three hours, but when this is opened up, the floodgates will be open, and I can only leave you with three things to take away from this:
- We need to comprehend how AI works and its impact on the world;
- We need to understand how AI will affect the real world;
- We need to learn how to make money with AI.
Access to AI has now been democratized, and learning to ask the right questions is still being learned by the masses. You must all adapt quickly and use AI to your advantage. Your only limit is your ability to ask the right questions.