So while we're busily creating more employment onshore, one of our new recruits, Mr Esteban Herrera, has already been found guilty of submitting us a headshot that makes him look about 18. So we're delighted to present the young gentelman looking a little more like his true age of 35 - which is still pretty young, but getting nearer that "you should be a home with your pipe and slippers" stage in life. And here he is to explain why exactly he made the move to the orange side...
Hello everyone! I’ve been anxiously waiting the moment I could address the Horses readership from the “inside.” I’d been an advisor for the last ten years, so this move was deliberately considered—I was just getting good at what I used to do! Yet no career change has ever felt so right. Now that moment is here, I thought I would start with sharing some of the many reasons I am so excited to be where I am:
1. The outsourcing industry as a whole has grown stale and it needs innovative delivery models and deal structures to realize its potential. Nobody is truly addressing the dissatisfaction that colors so many outsourcing relationships, but HfS will.
2. HfS is a unique and timely platform from which to influence the entire industry—how much more exciting could it get (for an outsourcing geek)?
3. As a committed globalist, I am thrilled with the global nature of this community, and I believe that learning to do business (well) across geographies, regions, and cultures will be my generation’s lasting legacy. HfS gets this—I am not sure that others do.
4. I believe the “traditional” outsourcing advisory model is fundamentally broken and will not last as currently configured. HfS offers me and my (hopefully plentiful) future clients a new and improved way to add value.
5. I get to join my good friend and blogging hero Phil Fersht, and the brilliant team he has built (in no time flat, in case you did not notice), on the professional adventure of a lifetime.
I could go on, but I’ll be exploring these and other topics soon and there’s no sense in boring you, our loyal “reader”, right off the bat. The quotes around “reader” signal what makes this company different and special—we actually don’t have readers, we have a dialog of some of the best outsourcing minds from all sides of the industry. With your permission, I’m ready to throw myself into the conversation.